The Mirodim Podcast - 004 - Death, Taxes, and Udemy The Mirodim Podcast - 004 - Death, Taxes, and Udemy

Nice to see you back up and going. Sad to see you lost a bunch of stuff. If you ever need any songs for the podcast, don't be afraid to ask.

Won't Forget You [Chiptune] Won't Forget You [Chiptune]

Three songs in one? And they're not disjointed! Dude, that's awesome! I especially love how you can differentiate all the saw sounds used, despite them being very similar in oscillation length. Very difficult to pull off.

SuperBastard responds:

Thanks! Yeah a little detuning goes a long way.

Fatal RayZors Fatal RayZors

Sounds a little too hollow, like it's missing the lower end where all the bass is. Not to mention the upper range is all melding together, making the lead synths and hi-hats and the like all sort of blend together. The composition's great, though.

Giving It Your Soul Snail Giving It Your Soul Snail

Dude, I like it. Little bit'a funk, little bit'a jazz lounge, and a whole lotta smoothness working in its favour. I also feel a lot of that early 1980s jive goin' through it, which mixed with the slight bluesy edge near the middle of the song really slides it through one great section and right into an even better one.

Rampant Rampant

Niiice. Needs to fluff up a bit, and there are times where it feels like certain sections repeat for too long. Another small thing, but the place where the guitar strums is a bit off-tempo. I'm not sure if a regular listener could hear it, but my ears picked up on it right away. Otherwise very nice mellow composition.

As an aside, where'd you get the horns used in the very beginning? I'd love to know

comando0110 responds:

I am aware of the off tempo guitar. I honestly like it that way. It makes me feel like a chump, but all my songs are made with a verry simple beat mixer. It's Music Maker Jam. Im pretty much a toddler level DJ considering this. I want to get Reason or Fl Studio some time and learn that. For now its this. Still though i feel samples from Music Maker Jam could still be useful in the future.

The horns you get buy downloading the module called Dubstep on the Music Maker Jam music modues program. not dubstep 2 or three or some shit its the one simply called Dubstep.

Fire (Come on!) Fire (Come on!)

Composition-wise it's not bad. But the repeated "FIYAH" gets really annoying after a while. Otherwise, very nice.

TheNGVirus responds:

thank you! yeah, I gotta learn how to spread the vocals

Military Train Military Train

Drums need a bit of work. The crashes and bass drums sound fine, but the high hats sound too synthetic. Taking the EQ and lowering the higher frequencies a bit should help. Also, the chord pattern's a little too... Repetitive. Fading out one lead instrument and fading in a new one with a different chord pattern would do wonders for this, but be sure to keep it the same key. My suggestion would be to have the square replaced by a saw later on, and have the square fade in a few octaves higher than it was even later in the song. Just a few pointers.

TitanKaempfer responds:

Thanks for your review :)
That is actually one of the most helpful reviews I've got ^^

Torch of Victory Torch of Victory

Wow. This is amazingly well done. I'm training myself to mix things as well as this, and listening to this is a good reference. I notice your samples sound sort of... digital at times. Sort of non-organic. And that takes away from it just a bit for me. The main thing I like about this is it's like a mix of those old N64 Kirby sountracks and a bit of Fire Emblem battle themes in there as well. If I were to build a game I'd hire you to do that tracks instead of me, that's just how good you are.

Aleksandr12 responds:

Thank you for the feedback! I'll try and fix the problem with it sounding "digital"

Halloween Theme Metalized Halloween Theme Metalized

I know it's six years later but... This is almost exactly how I play the Halloween themesong. The Riff from 6-8 though I usually do with multiple strums. I can't really see why someone wouldn't play something identical to me, so great job. It's what I play (almost) so you get a 5.

Darkerly Stormy Darkerly Stormy

Doesn't sound flat to me P. If anything, you just need to raise up the 44Hz Mark on the C# bits for this. That should help.

pftq responds:

Will keep that in mind next time. Was worried about any particular instrument/sound becoming too dominant but seems silly in retrospect now. Thanks!